Thursday 17 February 2011

Evaluating First Draft of Magazine

Cover:
I was fairly pleased with how my first draft turned out as I thought it was suitable for the target audience I have aimed it at. I knew some parts of it needed altering and it wasn't at the standard I hoped to get it to when it's complete. I have decided that it would be best to start again with my cover as there are quite a few things I have planned to change. I am going to tone down the colours and make it more simplistic. I have also decided to change the fonts and not slant the cover lines. I am going to try and do this whilst still appealing to my younger target audience. For the time being I am going to keep the picture the same, however I might choose to change this also at a later date when it is complete as I will be able to judge better at this point if it works or not. I am also going to try and use the three colour rule more prominently.

Contents:
I was not pleased with how the contents page turned out for my first draft. I realised even before getting my feedback that it was a very poor standard but I just needed more time to work on it to improve it. I am going to aim for a type of consistency through the 3 pages of the magazine and therefore, I am going to also start again with this page as I have better ideas than what was shown in my draft.

Double Page Spread:
This was the page I was most pleased with and this also showed through my feedback. I am going to take more pictures and vary the locations and poses on them for my final version. I will also choose a different font for the title as this didn't have the effect I intended it to. I had to shorten my interview as i couldn't fit it properly on the page but I was pleased with the way it turned out, however I am going to make the columns more even on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment